Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tuesday Top Ten!

I think we all enjoyed my vacation last week; only one guest blogger bailed, and I think those who pulled through did a pretty great job - even the hateful bitch who came up with ten reasons to hate on me.  Hateful.  Anywho - sorry there was no guest spot for Ask Miss Alanny last Thursday, but hey - I'll try to make it up to you this week with an extra insightful post of my own.  In the meantime, though, we need to get to this week's top ten.

Top Ten Awesome and Not Quite Awesome Things I Did While on My missalannyus.com Mini-Break:

1.  Awesome Thing:  Spent all day at the pool, getting only slightly sunburned, reading about Lady Gaga in Vanity Fair, smoking my fancy smokes cause I can buy them cheap in KY, and then drinking delicious slurpie-style cocktails and eating massive amounts of shrimp and biscuits at the Red Lob.  Glory.

2.  Not Quite Awesome Thing:  Car accident.  My fault.  Dammit.

3.  Awesome Thing:  Watched a bunch of movies on the couch with Hamlet.  We both really like John Hughes Sundays.

4.  Not Quite Awesome Thing:  Didn't get to go to the Allen County Fair, as was planned.  It was intended to be my last blast in food heaven before going Back to Basics (September 1st.), but the stupid sonofabitch that decided to drive down my street right as I was pulling out of my spot without looking completely soiled my Limaland plans.  I would put a list here of things I miss out on eating at the ACF, but I don't want to end up crying myself to sleep... again.

5.  Awesome Thing:  50% OFF ALL SCRAPBOOKING SUPPLIES AT HOBBY LOBBY.  And on the very same day I enjoyed that sale, I enjoyed my first visit to The Original Pancake House.  This may sound like the fantasy day of the President of the Red Hat Society, but I have no shame about my excitement, particularly because I got to eat this:


6.  Not Quite Awesome Thing:  Got into a fight with customer service at Ulta.com.  I don't regret my fury, because that website is faulty and full of misrepresentation, but I do regret unleashing it on the customer service representatives I spoke to.  It probably put more shit bricks in my bad karma wall.  

7.  Awesome Thing:  Got new car insurance BEFORE the accident.  Score!  I had to get a new policy (to begin when my previous policy ended) due to moving to Kentucky, and any good karma points I had somehow earned were probably spent when God's grace guided me to abandon my natural instincts and not wait until the exact last minute to set this up... because if I did, then this stupid fender bender I was just in would have marred my perfect driving record, which, when checked by my new GEICO agent, was just so fresh, so clean. 

8.  Not Quite Awesome Thing:  Spent hours and hours and hours on website improvement related things, and still feel not sure of what I need to do.  Guest blog week made me even more sure that I need to leave this server, but it's not going to be easy.  Seriously, it took me longer to post the blogs other people wrote than it takes me to write my own, mainly due to blogspot's refusal to accept the pasting of things that have been copied.  And then, when I do manage to transfer the verbiage, I can't insert photos within the text.  I just need a better system, and I'm not computer geeky enough to figure it out in the amount of time I've had to spend trying, I guess.  (So, for all of you who were wondering how I was losing blogs, THIS is why I don't write in Word and then paste into blogspot.  It would be like writing it twice.... three times if the damn thing requires photos.  The server of this website that you are viewing, which is www.blogspot.com, is garbage.  Word up.)

9.  Awesome Thing:  Watched a bunch of old episodes of The Office on TBS and remembered how I fell in love with Andy Bernard.  "Saboteur! Saboteur! I'm gonna kill you for real!"  Also - I remembered that I didn't always hate Pam.  In fact, I used to like Pam a lot.  But now Pam is smug and I hate her.  It's too bad, really... but I still love Andy Bernard.  4-Ever. (Unless he gets married to Erin and then they become smug and annoying distractions from the funny parts of the show.)

10.  Not Quite Awesome Thing:  Started working part-time at the place I quit two months ago.  That's right - I've failed at quitting my job.  I put in too much notice... I just couldn't keep emphasizing how much I didn't want to work there by saying "no" to staying around, and then looking at them all day for week after week until my insane 60 day notice was over.  So, anyways, I was convinced to work a part time position until the end of the year.  My last day as a full-time employee was last Wednesday, I had Thursday off, and I started my part-time position last Friday.  And, Friday morning, leaving to work as a receptionist at the place at which I had cleaned out my office just two days prior, I put the front end of my car into the ass end of one passing me on the right, and now... I probably need my old job back so I can come up with my deductible.  In related news, this is my 48th blog post, and I've officially banked $10.69 from ad clicks on this website... not quite awesome.

See you Thursday, for a quite awesome Ask Miss Alanny. 

2 comments:

  1. This has nothing to do with any of that, but I saw this t-shirt in Myrtle Beach, didn't buy it, can't live with the regret, and now found it online. After I pay my rent, it will be mine. And I think you should have one also. Go here to view:
    http://www.davidandgoliathtees.com/men/mel-gibson-fan-club-tee.html

    In my opinion, much better than the one the Osbourne spawns were recently viewed wearing.
    You are welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will just make my own shirt that doesn't actually have his picture on it... and it will say "I'M GOING TO BURN DOWN THE HOUSE!!!!!!!! BUT - you will blow me first."

    ReplyDelete