Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Tuesday Top Ten!

Soooo... my last day at my current job is September 1st.  For the rest of September, I plan to be on sabbatical.  I'm renewing my substitute license to fill the months left of grad school, and pretty everything about those words I put together at the beginning of this sentence stresses me out, so I believe an extended vacation is in the highest order.

So, what am I going to do when I'm on sabbatical?  Not positive of the exact itinerary, but I though I would share some of my ideas.  And I'm hoping maybe you will just be happy I'm posting anything at all and not get mad that I'm pushing the reunion photo blog to the end of the week.*

Top Ten Things I Might Attempt While on My September Sabbatical:

1.  Force my dog into a lot of costumes, staging a glorious photo shoot with my new camera, and then using my amazing results to start my own line of greeting cards.

2.  Get plastic surgery at the beginning of the month, spend the rest of the month recovering (never leaving my house), and then unveil myself in some sort of fabulous, dramatic fashion.

3.  Visit my friends in Columbus.  Nothing unusual about this; it's on the list because it's something I actually, probably will do.  My mom and grandpa are moving back to Lima, too, and I'm thinking I'll find myself there for a minute, also.

4.  Photo shoot - mostly without the dog this time - for my upcoming new and improved website.  I might go back to harry's and use that white wall!  Two words, people:  celebrity mugshots. 

5.  Watch a movie every day.  I have more than a month full of dvds that I've yet to see, and it would be cool to get through at least 1/3 of them.

6.  Shoot a bunch of footage of my daily life, edit out all of the parts that are unflattering (to me), and then broadcast the remaining 10 or 20 minutes on YouTube..... (ok, I'm not going to do this, but it's only because I hate editing... it's not the worst idea you've ever heard....you would watch it and you KNOW THIS ;)

7.  Get some Rosetta Stone and finally learn French.  Not because I really need to speak French, but because I took four years of it and it just seems like a waste, considering the extent of what I've retained is so limited that I had to look up the French part of Bad Romance.  (That's somewhat Gaga's fault though... I can't be held responsible for mumble mouth).  Also, I hear that once you fully learn another language, learning languages in general becomes incredibly easier.  That's cool cause, you know... I like to know things.

8.  Finally learn how to paint the nails on my right hand.  This isn't a top priority, cause... well, my roommate is Vietnamese... so my nails are pretty much covered at the moment.  But, I can't help but feel a little panic deep down inside, everytime I realize that, one day, Vi will probably leave me for like, a marriage or something, and I will once again have to wear my nails like a.... gym teacher?

9.  Go to Hollywood and live as a homeless for a week.   I often find myself feeling anxiety about two things:  1) not having lived in LA yet, and b) moving to LA and being homeless.  So, this isn't a bad idea, see, cause it won't be as scary as it is in my head when I move out there and am actually homeless... cause, see, I'm not homeless in Cincinnati, and I will come back to Cincinnati.   But, if I stay for a week, and stay in a cheap motel or my car or with some random from craigslist or something, then I think it counts as living there.  And then, for those times when I'm the position to defend myself to people who think it is their business to ask why, since I think I'm such a big deal, I don't just move to LA already, well, I can say "I've done that before.  You ever live there?  No?  You don't know what you're talking about and I'll thank you to get out my face."   I feel all kinds of anxiety even typing this crap!  Oh and also, while I'm there, Hamlet can go away to bad dog boot camp or something... he needs some intense training, and it's not like I can bring him... it's too dangerous out there for pugs.

10.  Write a lot.  This is, afterall, how I'm justifying taking a month off.

No comments:

Post a Comment