Thursday, August 5, 2010

Ask Miss Alanny! Special Edition

This week, Miss Alanny was fortunate enough to hear from a reader who will be attending the very same reunion event as myself this weekend.  Yay for themes!

Dear Miss Alanny,
I keep having a reoccurring dream, even now, that I skipped like entire semester of Advanced Math with Mr. Leidy, and every time I attempt to go up the steps there at Bath, I can't get myself to do it........I then have a panic attack about not graduating........
Yesterday, I dreamed was we had the reunion in a hotel lobby restaurant (clearly it was not in Lima) and everything was fine for the first 10 minutes, but then we all sat in a circle staring at each other.......Obviously, I have some anxiety about this reunion! 
- Panic! At the Reunion


Obviously, I first have to point out that this is not a question.  I feel somewhat foolish for my previous declaration of how intelligent my high school classmates are.

Moving on... Panic!, I'm going to have have to ask you to stop crying.  You passed your Advanced Math class ten years ago, and based on the fact that you took that super nerdy class, I am willing to bet you've never skipped a class in your super nerdy life.  Seriously, anyone who opted out of Jerry-math for some sort of higher secondary education, is just... nerdalicious.  Maybe you should be anxious about this reunion.  You were probably the type of child who spent spent a few field trips falling in love with the wall or something ... and peeing your pants is NOT the coolest, Panic!  (I hope you readers didn't think we were getting through my high school collection without some Billyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!)

Kidding and peeing aside, Panic!, I have a feeling you were pretty shy in school.  Like, maybe you were voted "Shyest" in your senior yearbook... or as our school called it, "Least Words Per Minute"... (so clever). Anyways, my point being:  would sitting in a circle and staring at each other even be so bad for you?  For me, yes it would; other people nauseate me enough as it is, and I get through the part where I have to look directly at them by thrilling myself with the sound of my own voice.  But for you, the silence should be somewhat comforting.  I mean, isn't it better than the sound of everyone laughing at your expense?  Think about it, my little nerdy pie... if you can't come up with anything to say, and you are the type of kid who deserves merciless ridicule, then it's really in your best interest that everyone keep their mouths shut.  And hey, maybe all that staring will lead to you getting some sort of flattering googly eyes from an old crush.  Then you can maybe sneak off to hook up in your car... in the parking lot of a bowling alley.  Not gonna lie - this is all sounding super hot right now.  I'm a really good story teller, huh?

Thanks for the inspiration, Panic!  Now, just simmer down over there, and I'll see you on Saturday.  Ev-e-ry-thing is gon-na be al-right... rockabye...rock-a-by-aye-aye....

Please Ask Miss Alanny anything you want to ask, in an email to alannapants@yahoo.com or at facebook.com/alannapants.  Apparently, it doesn't even have to be a question...you can also just throw some words together... and I will find a way to answer a non-question. 

No comments:

Post a Comment