Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Tuesday Top Ten!

Top Ten Amusing Things I've Recently Noticed

1.  Once you've put in your notice at your job, you really stop caring about wearing shoes that are appropriate, or clothes that match, or deodorant...

2.  Some people ooze douchey-ness out of their pores.  I mean, sometimes it's just as obvious as skincolor or pregnancy.  Even before they start relaying their deep (Fox News) research, you just know.  Comes off of them like steam.

3.  Diet Dr. K from Kroger tastes eerily similar to regular Dr. K.

4.  Older people calling you "sweetie":  nice; feels warm and fuzzy.  Younger people calling you "sweetie":  offensive; feels like my ears are bleeding.
I have theories behind this, of course, but I can't spend time on it now.

5.  I might have a Peter Pan syndrome.  This has been concluded from several recent bouts of immature behavior, as well as a serious freak out about finding what could possibly be gray (or in my case, white) hairs.  Amusing?  I don't know.

6.  People who work at Speedway gas stations are having WAY more fun at work than I ever have.  Locations may vary, but each seems to be employing people who enjoy each other's company quite a bit.  Jealous. 

7.   It was much easier to stalk people on myspace than it is on facebook. 

8.  A lot of people think music makes you feel better, but I have to say - sometimes listening to a song with the subject matter of a situation similar to one with which I'm currently dealing just makes me feel worse.  Either more sad or more stupid or more of a loser or just... more, period, about something I would rather just forget.  (yeah, I don't know if this one is "amusing" either...)

9.  It only takes 2 weeks to train your body to not crave sugar.  I already knew this, but I'm highly amused that I was able to do it.  Less amusingly, I can quit smoking for weeks, months, or a year and I never stop craving cigarettes.  I'm gross.  Oh well... one thing at a time...

10.  My tennis instructor says "sweet potato pie" all the time.  That's funny.

There will not be an "Ask Miss Alanny" this week, because IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII'm Movin' Out on Thursday.  I'll see you when I see you, and it will be from my swanky new apartment ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment