Monday, July 5, 2010

Crush of the Week!

Hello, Faithful!

As you know, I moved into my swank new apartment this weekend, and have been ridiculously busy and  somewhat on vacation from blogging.  Last week, I had a dear friend (although, only a recent follower... hmmm) ask if I would cover a certain someone whom I don't find at all attractive as my next Crush of the Week.  I declined, because I'm not in the business of naming uglos CotW, and so it would make no sense to do so.  But, when she offered to write a guest blog, which would allow me to post this week without doing the work, I had to allow it.  While I don't personally support this whole Twilight phenomena, I certainly don't hold enough against it to give up a chance at laziness.  So, here goes...

Crush of the Week, by guest blogger Abbis Cadabis*:


Due to the fact that the administrator of this site blatantly refused to cover Robert Pattison as a "Crush of The Week" I felt compelled to request to do a guest CotW to satisfy her fans that feel the same way that I do. 

I will be the first to admit that a majority of the reason for the crush is based on the roles he’s played in the films than it does on the structure of his face or the bulge of his biceps. I’m sorry, but I just can’t help but think that if I were the object of his affection he would love me enough to squelch his most primitive needs to protect me, or frickin’ give me a 90mph piggyback ride to the grocery store if I asked him to. 

OK, so I’m not totally delusional. I know that Robert Pattinson can’t really do these things, but I choose not to take the time to remind myself of that when I see him on tv. Do yourself a favor: read the Twilight Saga, watch the movies, watch Remember Me, and make the choice I’ve made and indulge in the fantasy that such a man exists as this. You won’t regret the decision to chance to daydream that Robert Pattinson might be Edward Cullen in real life minus the immortality and the unquenchable thirst for blood. 

Also, don’t mistake my last thoughts to mean that I don’t think Robert Pattinson is by himself an extraordinarily attractive man. What I’m saying is that his looks are enhanced by the fantasy that goes along with him. 

Robert Pattinson, I will be seeing you soon on the big screen.** I’m sure you won’t disappoint me. You are my Crush of the Week

The End.

Editor's Notes:

*Abbis, when you see this and wonder how I decided on your blogger ID, and you prepare to yell at me for it, you should check yo'self, fool, because I tried to call you and ask how you wanted to be identified.  And, also - thanks for the guest bloggin' yo!

**Hey, if you're such a Twinerd, why didn't you see the new movie on opening day??  PHONY.



4 comments:

  1. dear abbis cadabis,
    i can't tell you how much i enjoyed your CotW. while i rarely agree with miss alannyus' choices(ahem, beck?? i mean, really???), this one is so right on it hurts my soul. while rpattz may be slightly skeezy and smelly in real life, i want nothing more than to indulge in the sheer fantasy of a sexy ass vampire shredding my headboard, and his messy hair and wonky smile makes that fantasy extra tasty. well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. at least i take the time to write about my choices, ms. "i'm going to start a blog... i'm going to name the 1996 Braves my crush of the week... i'm bex, i'm awesome!" FALSE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just have better things to do than write a blog that only you will read. if you like i can make you a poster of my crush choices and you can pick one every week?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You mean, I could pick a crush from your pre-approved list? You are fired.

    ReplyDelete