Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tuesday Top Ten!

I have to admit that I don't really feel like posting this tonight.  Not that I don't love you anymore, it's just that... I meant to do it earlier, and then I got distracted watching videos from the Glee: Live Tour on YouTube, and then I forgot all about it being Tuesday and all, and then I took some Benedryl so I could breathe while I sleep, and then I remembered about how it is Tuesday and all, and now I'm going to force out a Tuesday Top Ten, even though I'm SUPER sleepy.  Don't ever say I've never done anything for you.


Top Ten Things I Love About My New Living Arrangements:

1.  Uhhhh... my new apartment is pretty much the fanciest place I've ever lived.  Not to diss my parents or anything, but... I didn't grow up with a stainless steel Frigidaire side-by-side with ice maker/water dispenser in the door.  But, don't cry for me, Argentina.  It's all good in the hood... NOW.

2.  All I've ever wanted is to live in a real city, in an urban area, where I can somehow both safely park my car and also have the convenience of a business district within walking distance.  I have finally found my perfect spot in this particular zone of the country.  I am technically just a bridge walk to downtown Cincinnati, but since I live in the MainStrausse village in Covington, and I live off Main Street, I am in the epicenter of our own little downtown style strip of boutiques, bars, restaurants, consignment shops, gay bars, uhhh... I don't know, that is pretty much all I need.  Oh!  Farmer's Market!  And oooohh! - this past weekend, I walked up the very street on which I reside and got my eyebrows waxed at the salon on the corner, the inside of which smells really good (sometimes salons smell like rotten water to me), and the time between leaving from and returning to my place was mere minutes.

3.  Speaking of safely parked cars - my landlord was smart enough to create a driveway in the back of the house.  There is no off-street parking in MainStrausse!  Except at our house!  Ha! Sure, we don't have a yard for Hamlet to put poops in, but hey - at the last place I was spending $40 to get the lawn mowed, and now I get to use that money for cable.

4.  Cable!

5.  Vi!  For those of you who don't know Vi - you really should try to, because she is ten different kinds of fabulous.  In fact, our joint fabulosity (as well as jointly working at Lush for a time) is what brought us together.  We wear the same size shoes, which you may know is a huge priority on a roommate checklist.  And, guess what she was listening to when she was unpacking:  Fiona Apple and Garbage.  Really!  We're obviously soulmates. 

6.  Speaking of Lush... you can't begin to imagine how much Lush stuff we have in this apartment.  I don't work there anymore, but Vi is now the manager of the Cincy store, which not only practically makes her a local celebrity, but also means that I can maybe start actually using my bubble bars that I've been saving for the Apocalypse.  And I don't have to buy poor people shampoo to alternate with my Lush stuff anymore!  I can use the good stuff full time and not try to stretch it out like some diva in The Great Depression. Cause, you see, Vi still gets that sweet discount... so we've got a full house of supplies.  And she shares!

7.  Cigarettes are cheaper in Kentucky.  You can smoke indoors in Kentucky.  I will soon be quitting again, I promise, but in this moment in time when I am, in fact, a smoker... the previously mentioned points are valid.

8.  Kentucky-Hot Boys.  Let's just say that when the boys down here are cute, they are cute in a special way that reminds me of the guys you could spot as "townies" when I was at BGSU.  These boys are a good thing, you see, because these are not the boys who break your heart and crush your soul, these are the boys that come in handy for passing the time between those boys who break your heart and crush your soul.  They talk slow, yet deliberate, and it's charming, even when it makes you think they are not so sharp in the nog.  I'm from Lima, yo, I've got a soft spot for country boys.  Just not quite as soft as the spot for scruffy little baby-faced bitches who maybe look like they are in bands or are fucking poets or something stupid like that and just want to be all "lost" and so they appear emotionless and are just mean and selfish, really.  I have the worst taste in the world, I swear to it...I'm sorry, what is the topic again?

9.  Ok, another thing I love about the new place is this:  I have 2 closets in my room.  2!  And both have these nooks above them into which I will shove even more stuff!  And all the closets and nooks have really adorable doors!

10.  I will actually get to see the fireworks at Riverfest this year, which probably sounds really dumb if you don't live here because the Fourth of July is way over and what the F is Riverfest, but... basically Cincinnati throws a party on Labor Day and I have never gone because after like 7am that day you can't even get into downtown.  But I live on the river now, so I'm already at the party!  Tell me this isn't awesome!

Dudes, I am so half asleep right now it is not even funny.  I don't even have the strength to edit this, so my apologies for typos, poor grammar, awkward prose, TMI's, etc.  Night Night.

2 comments:

  1. i would like to say that for an entire 5.5 min that it took me to read this I laughed for 12.2!!! You are sooo damn funny! I expecially enjoyed the comment about all the wonderful beauty supplies..i am jealous that you can use yours frequently while I am putting water in the last little bit of my hair products and shaking it up to get more shampoo and super jealous about the smoking!!! I miss smoking inside :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. does your signing up for a blogger ID mean that your patiently awaiting blog is in the near future?? i really hope so.

    p.s. - if you come visit, we will hook you up with some sweet products. Once you've washed your hair with Lush shampoo/conditioner, you will cry when you buy VO5.

    ReplyDelete