Friday, July 30, 2010

Fist Pump Friday! Reality TV Roundup.

Full disclosure: I am a reality tv addict. I am somewhat easily cured, since I periodically decide that cable is just not in my budge, and going cold turkey off tv seems to work fairly well for me.

Two shows that I truly miss when I'm absent from the cable viewing world are Project Runway and Top Chef.  But, since returning to the world of cable a couple short weeks ago, I have discovered some bad news:  the present season of Top Chef is somehow both sleezy yet boring, and Project Runway is airing while I'm in class on Wednesday nights.  I'll tell you, Project Runway moving to Lifetime is a mess.  Not only did the quality of the show decline, but Bravo (unlike Lifetime) plays every show they air 100 times, and now I never know when I can catch a re-run of PR.

So, anyways, I didn't watch either of those shows this week, but here is a brief review of what I did see.

1.  Ochocinco Ultimate Catch.  I'm no football fan, but I find Chad Johnson/Ochocinco to be an entertaining dude.  I even follow him on Twitter... which I probably couldn't tolerate if I actually ever logged into Twitter, because he is a complete Twitaholic. (Don't call him that too often, though... he might get a bright idea to legally change his name to that...silliness!).  Anycrap, this show is a dud.  Super boring.  The girls aren't skanky enough, first of all, and Chad takes it all sooooooo seriously.  I live in Cincinnati and listen to morning radio every single morning... so I've been hearing about this show for more than a minute now... and yeah, I'm disappointed.  I watched like 20 minutes this week and then my roommate changed the channel to something more exciting, like-

2. Kathy Griffin's Life on the D-List. I'm not 100% positive that the episode I was watching was new this week, but it's new-ish for sure. I actually switched to Bravo thinking that Top Chef was on that night, but it was back-to-back Kathy. Actually, now that I think about it, I'm not even sure if I watched one episode or the end of one and the beginning of another, but regardless, the following occurred: Tom was caught Ambien-eating and Kathy's dog Chance died. Comedy and tragedy. This show brings it like Billy Shakespere.  (He wrote a whole bunch of sonnets, btw). The highlight was Kathy telling Tom he was growing out of the sweater he bought at Gap Kids. You know what show does NOT bring it?

3.  Last Comic Standing. Is NBC fucking with me? The behind-the-scenes shenannies of this "competition" have been out in the open for awhile now, but for some reason the show is still on the air and still trying to fool America into thinking these people are not only funny at all, but the funniest of them all. And, I think we all know that the funniest of them all is the amazing cast of...

4.  Jersey Shore! The moment we've all been waiting for! The second season of this I-Ti trash treasure returned last night on Mtv.  It was a little lame, since the majority of the hour was spent on the guids moving into the house, and there was WAY too much Angelina-related biz, but it was still an hour of gold, thanks to these tasty nuggets:
  • Snooki has her very own guerilla juicehead and is no longer "snookin' for love"... however she totally will have a show at some point where she is both doing that and referring to it as that. Fist pump!
  • Snooks and JWoww meet a hillbilly in Savannah, and he "obviously, like, fucks his sister for a living!"  Ha! I <3 Snooki 4-Ev.
  • Angelina pretty much tells Mike AND Pauly that she is DTF.  She's so slutty it's almost awesome. Almost.
  • Finally, a definitive answer to "wtf is a 'grenade'?!?" FYI - a "grenade" is a fat, ugly chick. Not to be confused with a "land mine" (thin, ugly chick). And Ronnie was getting them all and LOVING IT , per The Sitch
  • In the next episode, Vinnie and Snooki are going to do it. So much for Snooki not cheating on her guerilla and also for Vinnie only hooking up with hot chicks.  Personally, I hope they get married.
There you go, kids.  Not only am I blogging on a Friday, but I'm blogging about reality television.  Winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment