Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sunday Bonus Blog: Not So Magic 8 Ball

I'm moving next weekend and packing this weekend.  Cleaning out some drawers, I found my Magic 8 Ball.  When I was like 8, I went to a friends' birthday sleepover, and someone got her a Magic 8 Ball as a gift.  It started some sort of weird obsession with them for me.  I've always found it ideal to have one in the house.  Sort of like a flashlight or a Bible or something.  This particular one I bought in February, because I was having a slumber party and figured it would be needed, and it's actually a pink and purple one called a Magic "Date" Ball.  (I for shit sure did NOT pay fifty bucks for it, btw)

I was happy to see the 8 Ball, because I had a question I'd been meaning to ask someone or something with powers to see into the future and/or the minds of others.  So, I shook it up and thought real hard about my question.

"I don't know"

I didn't know that was even an option on that stupid triangle thing inside!  I feel that giving this response is in breach of contract between Magic 8 Ball and Magic 8 Ball user.  I know I can't always get "Absolutely! <3"  or "Not a Chance," but "I don't know"?!?  Neither do I, 8 Ball, that's why I shook your ass up!

This thing is going in the box marked "crap to put on Ebay."

No comments:

Post a Comment