Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Gleekly Weekly - 6/9/2010

Sue Sylvester is a celebrity. Face it, Shuester, she's a legend.

So, Sue is a judge at Regionals, and now Puck and Quinn are conceiving that child. I don't know about Quinn, but for me, it's not a turn on when dudes talk about "doing" my friends. This is all a flashback, though, and Quinn and Puck and everyone else are having a pizza party at someone's house. Awww... Tina is crying! Puck should give her some of his free love.

Shuester's hair looks pretty glorious as he's talking to Emma, who is fabulous in one of her sweater ensembles. Emma has a new boyfriend, and he sounds like a Ken Tenaka-style winner. Good grief, Emma, I don't even find Shue attractive and I realize how much you need to just get on that already.

Finn!!!!!! So super sexy with his little power speech to Rachel, whose hair looks even more glorious than Shue's. Finn and Rachel are back 2-getha, and everything is going to be alright. Journey medley? Could be worse.

Wow, we're at the competish already. Sue's book is called "I'm a Winner, and You're Fat!" Ha! Aural Intensity! Ha!

Backstage, Finn looks so cute when he's sitting there not understanding that they are being sarcastic about his dancing skillz. His hair is all rumpled like he just rolled out of my bed. I mean, of his bed. Any bed, geez, give me a break... OMG!!!!!!!!! Finn loves Rachel!!!!! I swooned a little bit when he said that, for reals.

Faithfully
was pretty amazing, particularly Rachel. I just don't think anyone sings as well as she does. (Well, other than Celine, obviously.) I just love Rachel! But not like Finn does, and not like I love Finn.

Okay, so I actually really like this Journey medley idea now that I'm watching it, because they are doing that "loving, touching, squeezing" song that I love and that Finn was singing with that lawn fertilizer guy in the pilot episode, and also because this is kind of like a mash up, which this show obsessed over all season, and it makes sense that it's coming full circle in the finale. Ohhhh... Quinn's mom is in the audience. How very Sister Act 2.

Damn, the crowd is going wild for Don't Stop Believing, sort of like they've been listening to it on their Glee Soundtracks everyday on their way to work for the last six months, just like me ;) I'm so excited about the new parts! I have such a love/hate thing for Santana Lopez, but I love it when she sings because she sounds good and sometimes you need something other than just Rachel or Mercedes, and Tina and Quinn aren't really amazing singers. No offense, Tina and Quinn. I like it when Puck sings, too, but mainly just because he's usually grinding around and that's way hotter than when Finn "dances." Finn is my tv boyfriend, though, so it's okay that he's a bad dancer.

Uh-oh, Quinn's mom has kicked out Quinn's dad. He was cheating with a "tatooed freak"... way to be mooching off the current trends in adultery, Glee. Anyways, Quinn doesn't answer about going home to the now surely less enthusiastically-Rebublican household she was banned from not long ago because, surprising no one who has ever seen a season finale before, she's going into labor.

Oh geez, horrible Jesse is singing Bohemian Rhapsody, and it's just as obnoxious to watch as Vocal Adrenaline always is. Yeah, he can sing and all, but this group makes every song they do sound like a cheesy review. Remember when they ruined Rehab and Mercy? Ugh. Duh, Vocal Adrenaline, if you pick music that is already cheesy, like Journey, you don't seem so lameass. Wise up.

Quinn is at the hospital and apparently the entire Glee club followed her there. Weird. If possible, I would try to avoid being present for the birth of my own children; I would DEF not be following any laborous friends into the baby factory. Poor Mercedes. Word to the wise: don't pick the prego when you're looking for a new BFF.

So, Bohemian Rhapsody is the soundtrack for Quinn's labor, and it's kinda clever but it's all taking forever and making me dizzy. Births are not for me. I'll be back when it's out and cleaned off. And hopefully when Jesse is no longer here.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I think Rachel skipped going to the hospital to spy on Jesse and VA. Smart move, soul sista. Quinn had a three month old baby. She looks pretty after her 10 minute labor.

Rachel wants her mother to come to teach at McKinley, but Shelby aka Rachel's mom aka Idina Menzel is so over glee clubs, guys. And she's just heard about an available baby, fresh out of the oven.

This Rod Remington person is hilarious. I wish he was an actual Lima celebrity. Josh Groban is ten kinds of awful, music-wise, but he is funny on this show. Hey, I thought Olivia Newton-John and Sue Sylvester were buddies... what is going on here?!? They aren't calling out Rod for living in Ohio! She has a point about brunettes having no place in show business, though ;)

As Artie says, they "didn't even place." I'm so sad right now. OMG, Shelby really is going to take Quinn's baby! Jessie Paxon you are a television intuitive!

Everyone is in love now! Will loves Emma, and dammit, she loves him too! Some things are worth fighting for! Dammit, Emma! I love your outfits! Hey, everyone is on stage talking, including the mutes, and Kurt is wearing a sailor hat. Oh, Finn... why do you keep doing this to me, with your bed head and your awkwardness and your cute crush on Mr. Shue... I AM NOT ATTRACTED TO TEENAGE BOYS!! FINN IS MY AGE IN REAL LIFE...JUST FYI. In fact, in real life, Finn and Mr. Shue are like the same age. But only one of them looks like an old man ;)

To thank Mr. Shue, they sing To Sir, With Love. This is sweet. I'm not going to say anything negative about this song or this part of the show. My favorite was Kurt and Mercedes holding hands. Sue was watching from the back of the auditorium, and it sort of looked like she was crying a bit, but she couldn't have been, cause she had her tear ducts removed earlier in the year, remember?

So Sue gets the Glee club another year, which makes sense because Sue is All Powerful, and also because it had to happen in some way or another. And then - something terrible happens: the show closes on Shue busting out his ukelele and singing that God-Awful Over the Rainbow cover that some Hawaiian dude made semi-famous. Over at the hospital, Shelby adopts Quinn's baby, and here at the school, everyone makes eyes at each other, and Shue and Puck sing us out of the first season of the greatest show on earth. See you in the fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment