Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Tuesday Top Ten!

You may or may not know that I currently do not have a phone to use.  It sucks.

Top Ten Reasons Not Having a Phone Sucks 

1.  My car is in the shop.  Has been for over a week.  I have to call the place everyday from my office to check in, because I keep thinking that maybe, even though I told them specifically to use my work number, they are just calling my cell phone. 

2.  Last week my new landlord was trying to get a hold of me about picking up the keys, and couldn't.  My new roommate called her later and made the arrangements, which is how I found this out.  I don't think it is a good look for a landlord when her new tenant doesn't even have a working phone.  It makes me look like a scrub.  And she probably don't want no scrub.

3.  For some stupid reason, I have three primary friends that refuse to get on facebook.  They might think I'm dead by now.  But, really, the bigger problem here is their refusal to just get the F on facebook, already!

4.  This past Sunday was Father's Day.  I didn't call my dad.  He probably don't want no scrub, either!

5.  How am I supposed to send hateful text messages?? It's not the same to send a message saying "I hope you get hit by a bus" over any other format.  I mean, everyone with a phone looks at it at least once an hour.  Checking emails or "while you were out" instant messages just doesn't pack the same punch.  Speaking of punches, I know someone who could really use one...in the throat.

6.  Uhhhh... I quit my job last week.  And I couldn't call anyone and tell them about it.  Awful.

7.  Without a phone to use for breaking plans, it's really easy to get bound to stupid commitments, like spending the night at Bex's house...because she's scared of the dark.  And in love with me.  (no worries, though - I guarded my carnal treasure)

8.  Hello?  Sexting??

9.  My ringtones are awesome.  I miss them.

10.  What if I find myself in an emergency??  This stupid rental car I'm driving has something hanging halfway off under the front end, so that's not a good sign, not to mention that I could always blow a tire or get rear-ended, or hit a deer, or fall asleep at the wheel and hit a house!  That last one is a joke.  I'm an excellent driver and that would never happen.  BUT - I have some sort of car curse on me this year, clearly, and if there is any ONE reason for having a cell phone, it is emergency situations. 

Geez!  Sucks, people, I'm telling you!

2 comments:

  1. two words: bitch please. you've been trying to get all up on this for years, and i've always rejected you. you're projecting you're feelings of love on me, and i'm not having it. i am scared of the dark, though, that shit is true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't accuse anyone of getting up on anyone! I just stated two facts: (1)You're in love with me and (2) i guarded my carnal treasure.

    ReplyDelete