Monday, January 3, 2011

Dear Neti Pot

Dear Neti Pot,

We're breaking up and this is why:

- I don't like choking on salt water.  Don't tell me some people do...

- In order to decide the burning sensation you cause is worth the relief I might feel 45-60 minutes later, I have to already be in immeasurable sinus pain, and I sort of feel like in an ideal relationship, this is what you would be preventing.

-Sometimes I need to bend down and pick something up at some point in the part of my day that remains following using you, and I will never NOT find it horrifying that a full serving of water pours out of my face when I do this.

- Two days ago, I had something like swimmer's ear for a few hours, and I feel like you might have had something to do with this.  It's January, and regardless of the weather, we both know I don't swim, Neti Pot.   When I'm sick, I barely even bathe, so... unless there was a contact between my head and water that I don't recall, I feel that naming you the top suspect is fair.  Not cool, Neti Pot... earaches make me homicidal.

- I'm sort of wondering if you don't just move my gunk from my face to my lungs.  This is a new theory, based on the way I've been feeling since waking up this morning, and I don't have much more to say about it yet, BUT if I find out this is true, Neti Pot, I assure you that you have entered a world of pain.  Coughing makes me pee.  I can't live this way!

Peace Out,
Alanna

P.S. - I'm not throwing you in the garbage yet, because I have like 60 packets of the sinu-cleanse solution left.  But as soon as I find either a new use or new home for those, you are OUT bcuz we R DUNZO!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Dude. First of all, if it burns, you're using tOo much. Start with a half packet and work your way up. Also, water should be warm, not hot or cold. Second, blowing your nose after prevents drainage later. Third, you shouldnt breath at all - that causes choking. hold your tounge to the roof of your mouth - that inhibits the breathing reflex. Just keep at it, if you can get it down it's amazing. I'm a dedicated neti user. If you're having all of these problems, sorry babygirl, but it's not neti, it's you. You'll get it - trust.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're taking this blog so seriously, Bex... I'm surprised you didn't call me out for thinking Neti Pots can read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can they? You're clearly the expert.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have not idea to how to use a neti pot. so first you know & then try it.
    ----
    Neti Pot

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have no idea how to read something as humor. First you know and then try it.
    Helpful Link About Having a Sense of Humor

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was gonna post about Mike's devotion to the Neti Pot but he caught me, and made me delete it.

    ReplyDelete