Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Gleekly Weekly - 5/26/2010

What better way to start of the return of my blog than with a review of last night's largely anticipated episode of Glee, which readers should hereby accept is, to me, the best show ever created and aired, of the moment and of all times.

Why such anticipation? Well, it's the GAGA episode that those of us obsessed with the show (and though I generally avoid cutesy names like this like I avoid mayonnaise, we are called Gleeks) have been hearing about since the beginning of time (under the assumption that time began when Glee started airing, of course). It's also the episode where Rachel learns that her mother is Idina Menzel aka this Shelby person who is the coach of the rival choir (Vocal Adrenaline... supposedly from a high school in Akron, which is nowhere near Lima and the cause for several inconsistencies on the show, namely geographical improbabilities and even impossibilities... but really, why couldn't they have went with Toledo or even Columbus?? I can think of like five instances on the show where it was implied that Akron and Lima must be a very short drive from each other, and I'm NOT one of the bitchers, but seriously...I went to Akron for a school thing in 9th grade and it was like a 3 or 4 hour trip, yo!)

Anyways, I personally could have done without the Kiss stuff with the boys, or at least with less of it. Both of those dudes who don't talk had lines though, I think. I still don't think they actually sing. I could have definitely done with more Gaga-related stuff... why didn't the costumes change, ever?? And they only did one song! I wanted to hear some more teenagers singing dirty things they don't understand! Well, I think even when I was 15 I could have gathered what it meant to say you wanted a guy's vertical stick. We're not going to talk about the rear window.

But enough about America's favorite fabulous butterface - I did NOT expect so much intense Kurt and Finn action! Seriously, Kurt's dad is making me cry pretty much every other time he's on the screen. Also quite seriously - I want Finn to move into my bedroom. And I wouldn't mind if Kurt had it decorated up like a Moroccan love nest, either.

Do you think Gaga and Beyonce would really hang out in real life? I personally think that Beyonce is probably stuck up and doesn't hang out with other girls very much, and that Gaga probably thinks Beyonce is a lameass. So, that's just a side note for you :)

Alright, so last night's Glee gets like 3 stars on a 5 star scale. They lost a point automatically for no Sue Sylvester, but gained a point for Idina Menzel, who I'm secretly gay for. I wish they wouldn't have wasted her earlier in the season with that dumb thing where she made out with Mr. Shue. That's mainly because I think that dude is a drag, though.

Fun fact: Everytime I watch Glee I fantasize about finding myself living a magical life where I look just like Quinn Fabray and sing just like Rachel Berry and my boyfriend is Finn Hudson and I'm also "future center square Kurt Hummel's brassy hag."

Did anyone else think the "Poker Face" part was only part awesome and maybe a bigger part awkward? Might have been the talk about the muffin.

No comments:

Post a Comment